Saturday, July 5, 2008

Designer Spotlight: Elimon




You: "HUH?"

Me: "This is paper jewelry! Origami to be exact."

You: "How can you make and sell jewelry made of paper!?"

Me: "Um, Hell-o?! Look at the cute-ness of this stuff. Adorable

and cultural. The woman that makes these lives in Medellin, Colombia!"

You: "Oh, I've never seen this before..."

Me: "Pretty cool, right? Elizabeth Montoya is her name and she owns

Elimon: tarjetas en Origami y kirigami... which translates to: cards in origami and kirigami.

You: "KIRIGAMI?"

Me: "Kirigami is a variation of origami where the artist is allowed to make small cuts in the paper (from Japanese "kiru" = to cut, "gami" = paper)."

You: "Oh, okay, that's cool."



I love the rose earrings so much! I wish I could buy these, but the blogspot page does not offer any sale, nor a store in Colombia. All the earrings (aretes in spanish) are adorable. What do you think about the necklace? I like it, because it is so different than the styles here in the United States that I have seen. I would love to have these pieces, because I know that nobody else would!!



Visit Elizabeth Montoya's blog spot page at:
http://myblog-elimon.blogspot.com/



xoxo, Johannah

0 comments: