Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dye!!


(A top from Target around $12.)
Dip-dyed jeans, tops, and dresses is the new, hot style this year. It's not exactly tie-dye, which in my opinion can be sort of tacky. Dip-dyeing is ultra cool... it's like literally dipping the shirt or other piece of clothing in another color! Have you ever made a Hand Dipped Candle? You take a string and dip it into hot wax, over and over and over again! -- It is very tiring and that is what I am reminded of when I think of dip-dyed fashion. Anyway, I want you to see various dip-dyed clothing and decide for yourself whether you would wear this trend or not!
These are hand-dipped candles, without the long strings that have been already cut off. They have been dip dyed!


"Woah.. Umm..," Johannah thought when the web page completely loaded and this dip dyed country shirt was... there. This shirt surprised me so much! I wasn't expecting dip dyed men's shirts. This shirt is from Armani Exchange. Is it alright? Comment!
Gorgeous! Beautiful! I absolutely adore Ali Larter in this outfit. So cute and clean cut, except for the hair which is wavy.. but that is good! I also L O V E the brand DKNY. I love their jeans and clothes. I have Delicious Night and it is okay. Not sweet and innocent like Dior Cherie, though.
This skirt is by EXPRESS fashion for $69.50. This skirt would be cute with black heels or maybe boots. I don't really admire the colors of this skirt. I'd like pastels instead! I have a feeling this skirt would bring on a mostly black outfit. This isn't my style. Is it yours? Comment and tell me what you think.
I would wear this, definitely. This is the Kensie Short Sleeve Shirt dress from Nordstrom for $108.00. The dip-dye is subtle and pretty -- nothing drastic and annoying.
This shirt was sold out in all sizes, except Extra Small on Net-A-Porter! This is the Graham & Spencer Dip Dye Blouse for $270.00. Blouse shown with sass & bide jeans, Sergio Rossi shoes, a Roberto Cavalli cuff a Marni bracelet and a ChloƩ bag.

Do you like any of this? Please comment! xoxo, Johannah.
Photo Credits:
"Dip Dyed Skirt." Express Fashion. 23 June 2008 http://www.expressfashion.com/overlays/ product_details.jsp?productid=510. "Dip Dyed Embroidery Shirt." Armani Exchange. 23 June 2008 .
"Kensie Short Sleeve Shirtdress." Nordstrom. 23 June 2008 .
"Graham & Spencer Dip Dye Blouse." Net-A-Porter. 23 June 2008 .

0 comments: