Thursday, May 15, 2008

Everything is turning... PURPLE.


I have always thought my name represents light purple, the color. Light purple is soft and sweet. Think about it: Purple has always been PiNK's sidekick as an official princess color. Omg, pink is so dominating... Barbie is pink. Victoria's Secret is pink.. BUT ITS NOT ABOUT PINK...
Now purple is back, fiercer than ever (I can't believe how Christian Siriano that was!). This new, hotter version of purple is darker, with a blueberry undertone (blurple). I first stumbled upon this IN color while I was watching Gossip Girl two weeks ago. I freaked out when I saw the blurple purse Jenny Humphrey was carrying, "I MUST HAVE THAT PURSE," I told my friends. I checked cwtv.com/ggstyle, but it was not posted :-(


By now, everyone has seen the picture of Rihanna clad in purple ankle ankle strap sandals with heels and a Chanel sweaterdress. That's not all... At Paris Fashion Week, Rihanna wore a completely purple ensemble ( a Paul and Joe jumpsuit) with a bright yellow handbag at Sonia Rykiel Fall Winter 2008/09 fashion show! Rihanna must LOVE purple, because she sported more purple: suede boots in New York and a purple cleavage-much dress with fishnets at another affair.

It's not just Rihanna. Agyness Deyn strutted down the catwalk in purple for Anna Sui's fashion show for fall 2008. Anne Hathaway dressed in a stunning purple dress, Just Cavalli has purple sunglasses, and American Apparel has a purple Denim slim skirt! So when someone asks you what the cutest color is of now, just say "purple!" .. or of course you could say my favorite hue, "BLURPLE!" xoxo Johannah

0 comments: